Date(s) - 07/23/2014
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Daviess County Sheriff's Department
This one-day class is designed for Indiana police officers responsible for drug abuse enforcement. The class will provide the most up-to-date trend information including the newest synthetic ‘designer drugs’, as well as new street drugs of abuse such as ‘Krokodil’ and ‘Molly’. Officers will also review the physical symptoms of subjects under the influence of stimulants, narcotics, and cannabinoid activating drugs. The lecture will be supported with hands-on displays of actual designer drugs, paraphernalia, and concealment techniques, along with video clips of actual drug users under the influence of various drugs. A special emphasis will be placed on recognizing and responding to drug induced excited delirium.
- Upon completion of this training class, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the concept of designer drug analoging & its impact on law enforcement.
- Relate the myths surrounding media reports of Krokodil, Molly, & Smoking Alcohol.
- Describe the physical symptoms produced in the abuser of stimulants, narcotics, and cannabinoid activating drugs.
- Discuss the legal status of designer synthetic drugs in Indiana.
Bookings are closed for this event.