Date(s) - 11/09/2020 - 11/12/2020
Hamilton County Sheriff's Office
The Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office is hosting ProTrain Inc.
Strategies & Tactics of Patrol Stops Instructor
November 9-12, 2020
The Strategies & Tactics of Patrol Stops officers survival course is designed to instruct police officers in the following:
- how to conduct tactical traffic stops with officers survival being the foremost concern
- how to counter both accidental and felonious assaults
- how to assess the risks and recognize the threat cues by both the driver and passengers
- how to safely position the police and violator vehicles
- how to safely approach vehicles and keep control while making contact with the driver/passengers
- how to safely conduct commercial vehicle traffic stops
- how to tactically conduct high-risk stops
- how to counter ambush assaults and win
- how to escape from the 12 ambush zones
- how to safely conduct drug interdiction stops
- how to avoid citizen complaints and conflicts with violators
Pro Train will be certifying officers in your region in our proven officer survival tactics. There are nearly 3000 STOPS Instructors throughout the United States. Officers completing this course will be certified to INSTRUCT officers in the STOPS officer survival program. Upon completion of the STOPS program your officers will be able to SAFELY execute vehicle stops, pedestrian contacts, commercial vehicle stops, vehicle extractions, drug interdiction stops, and high risk (felony) stops. Officers will be trained in risk assessments, and proven methods to counter both felonious and accidental assaults. Vehicle stops will be broken into 12 ambush zones for the officer to be aware of, and escape techniques to counter and defeat any type of assault.
The STOPS program is based upon research from officers that have been injured or killed in the line of duty. We then developed strategies and tactics that countered the assaults, which will greatly increase the officers survival probability. The STOPS program is nationally and internationally recognized as the leading program in tactical/officer survival training available.
Vehicle stops will be divided into low risk, unknown risk, and high risk. Each category has pre planned options to minimize the chances of being assaulted by both accidental and felonious means. One of the goals is for the officers to always be thinking about the safest way to deal with every situation, and for the officer to recognize the danger cues. If an assault occurs our students will dominate through superior training and a warrior mindset.
STOPS training is realistic and extremely dynamic with both classroom and dynamic field exercises. These classes will also include our bonus simunitions force on force training, and our tactical live fire course.
Upon obtaining instructor level certification instructors will then be certified to teach the STOPS Officers Survival System for 36 months.